Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blinded by Spring

Ok so if you're like me, you have just about every shopping app on your smartphone. I have a pretty white iPhone 4, so I've got just about every app imaginable from my favorite stores. Nordstrom, Target, Hautelook, Etsy...you feel me. As I am "browsing" my apps lol, I noticed the popular color blocking trend from last year has made a huge appearance for the spring. Bright Colors, Saturated Pastels and Screaming Neons are gracing accessories, skirts, pants, dresses, shoes, and tops alike. At first it reminded of the bad styles of the 80's. I'm an 80's child, so I grew up wearing awful geometric color blocked tops and neon biker shorts. I didn't know it would make a repeat fashion staple in my adult years. Like all fashion everything that was old becomes new, yet reinvented.

I try my hardest not to be super trendy, but this trend has finally grown on me...the color blocking trend that is. I love color, but usually I rock muted tones like greys, beiges and browns, and add just a pop of color. I never thought I would be the one to wear an entire outfit consisting of straight colors. The fashion gods have won because I am just absolutely in love with mixing all types of colors.

I'm a graphic designer, so this new trend is definitely putting all of my color theory classes to the test. I mean there are endless amounts of color combos to choose from. Right now my favorite color combos are Purple & Coral, Mint, Beige & Coral, Green & Sea Foam Green, Turquoise & Purple, Peach & Purple...and the list goes on. Purple, Green & Turquoise are my most favorite colors anyway, so I notice I really gravitate towards those.

Below are a few looks that I absolutely love! The looks consist of this season's trend of color blocking, mint hues and coral hues. If you're afraid of color, check out some accessories to draw inspiration from. http://www.shoplabellaluxe.com/ has a bunch of accessories to add a pop of color to your look. Pray for me that I don't go overboard with my shopping apps and actually buy something, LOL.Images from www.freepeople.com, www.lulus.com

Love,

Kimmie







No comments:

Post a Comment